When you share information with us, for example by creating a Haier Account, we can make those services even better. We can show you more relevant product updates and ads, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others faster and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
For the purposes of this Policy ‘Personal Information’ means any information relating to an individual which directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with Haier, is capable ofidentifyingthe individual and includes, without limitation name, gender, city and other information such as profession, profile photos uploaded and profile information supplied by users.
We do not, however, collect ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ which consists of information relating to:
- Financial information such as bank account or credit or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history; and
- Biometric information.
Provided that, any information freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
YOU ARE HEREBY ADVISED TO REFRAIN FROM PROVIDING TO US OR UPLOADING ON ANY OF OUR DEVICES / APPLICATIONS ANY SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION. IN THE EVENT YOU PROVIDE OR UPLOAD ANY SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION ON ANY OF OUR DEVICES / APPLICATIONS, EITHER INADVERTANTLY OR OTHERWISE, YOU HEREBY ABSOLVE US FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN RELATION TO THE COLLECTION, RETENTION, TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF SUCH SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION
How we collect and use information
- When you create a Account, download or update Haier software, or participate in an online survey offered by us, we’ll ask for your Personal Information, including but not limited to your name, telephone number, E-mail address, and mailing address. Other information we may ask you for includes your profession, language, zip code, area code, time zone, etc.
- When you purchase Haier products or services, we’ll collect relevant Personal Information, including but not limited to delivery information, and order details.
- When you use our customer support services, our customer service agent may collect relevant Personal Information, including but not limited to your name, order number, phone number, delivery address, Haier Account ID, email address, mobile equipment number. We may also record the call for training purposes.
- Mobile device unique identifier-when you activate a Haier mobile device, its device unique identifier and location information (Non-personal Information) will be sent to the server. The collection of such information may also apply to your system or application updates as well as recovery of factory settings et
We use personal information to provide the services you request. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our Website.
We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
Haier takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Therefore, we continuously strive to protect your Personal Information by encrypt when store or in transit it. We do this is to protect your information from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. In the meantime, certain enciphered data can only be visited by user himself/herself